Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spoilers

Last night, I discovered that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was screened in Chicago recently, and full spoilers for the movie were available online.

I nearly had a heart attack.

As I got ready to read the reviews, I shut off all other forms of entertainment to give my full attention to the news. I was as excited to be reading the review as I will be when I go see the movie in a few months. I would have been totally incapable of NOT reading spoilers, even if I had wanted to keep it a surprise. I'm like that with Christmas presents too, as soon as I buy a gift for someone, I want to give it immediately! And I have no idea how people can go an entire pregnancy and not find out if they're having a boy or girl. I think this is because I don't enjoy the feelings of suspense and anticipation. They are too close to anxiety and fear for my liking. Oh, I also almost ALWAYS read 1/3 of a book, flip to the end, and then speed read another 1/3 of the book before losing interest, but I think that's more a symptom of my inattentiveness.

Oh... and the movie sounds amazing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment