Sunday, August 8, 2010

This is a test

Well. I'm biting the bullet and giving the blogging world a try. As long as I can remember, I've felt like I had a story to tell. Problem is, I'm not really sure where to begin. Last year, I went through a very intense phase where I decided to turn my life into a TV show, Anna vs. Life. The idea was it would be part 'My Name is Earl' (with flashbacks and a large reoccuring cast) part 'Sex amd the City' (girl sleeps her way through the first decade of the new century) and part 'How I met your Mother' (I'm not really sure how this one fit in.) Now, since 2 of those 3 shows are off the air, I've admitted defeat. so I'll blog.

I guess I should explain the title of my TV show. On my 27th birthday, I decided to take stock of my life. I guess I could feel it slipping away or something, and in a rare moment of proactiveness, I started a game. Anna vs. Life. I decided at the end of each day I would evaluate: Did I win today, or did Life beat me? I kept track on a google calendar, and took a running count every Sunday. This worked very well for me. My rules were stern, but fair. After all, it was me who made them up! After a year, I am pleased to report the final score was Anna: 297 Life: 68. Not a bad year.

Life since I quit counting hasn't been as great.

But more on that later. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment